Friday, December 26, 2008

The past...week, maybe?

Okay, so so much has happened!!!

My dad got here from Connecticut, which was stupendously exciting. I actually started crying when I hugged him at first...I never cry from joy! That's how happy I was. Except we'll be leaving him for Ithaca, NY tomorrow, which makes me sad. I think seeing him for a week is going to make me miss him more now.:-( My sister agrees. :-(

Okay, so we stayed with my dad's friend, the chiropractor Randy. He was lovely...and there was a hot tub at his house! That was great, except one problem: we managed to break it the last day. Or at least, it stopped working while Ella, my mom, and I were soaking.

Speaking of my mom, we had a Hanukkah dinner with her and my dad. Is that a MIRACLE or what? I'm very proud of them, though it did leave me feeling very weird and twisty inside.

Okay, and before that, we went to this clothing boutique of my dad's friend Marta's friend Liylou's, and all the clothing was AWESOME. It was all organic and fair trade and coolness like that. But everything was soooo expensive. She gave us each a pair of leg-warmers though, which was awesome. $24 each though...very very generous. We must have looked like starving little children in need of expensive leg-warmers.

And now we're at Marta's house with some pretty cool people. There's Marta's daughter Clara, a teenage guitar-strumming couch-hopper by the name of Dylan, and quite a few more interesting characters. I <3 them. :-D They're very fun to be around, and also Marta gave me a carrot. :-)

So we're going to Ithaca tomorrow, which I already mentioned. David's taking my turtle, Devika Annevieve Niamh, called Devi. She's a pretty cool turtle. David is lucky to have her company.

So...yep...that's what's been happening so far. Plane tomorrow, and I need to write a bunch of my story while I'm flying. I hope Iris&Jonah actually gets somewhere, and I hope I come up with a semi-decent title for it. Iris&Jonah isn't really cutting it.

Much love (to whoever reads this, though no one is...I think)
-Sofie

1 comment:

edswellread said...

That is a damned interesting entry! Is the rest of your life so fascinating? Who is this dad of yours? Bet he wishes he could be with you all the time, because YOU ARE JUST SO COOL!